my beautiful best friend (who now lives in london!)
yawns for little sausages
gold coast beaches
mumma and myself
001. As promised... the second part of my photos. I love black and white images, even though they are a little pricer to develop, I think the depth to them is better than any digital filter can create. 002. Hope you all had a lovely Christmas! Lena x
001. The other day I picked up some film I was waiting to develop. I got two colour rolls and one black a white roll printed. These are just a few of my favourite shots. 002. With Christmas only 1 sleep away I'm sure life is going to get in the way of blogging, so I'm going to schedule another 'part two' post for the black and white photos. 003. I'd love to hear what you think of the photos, film photography is so fun! Wishing you all a merry Christmas! Lena x
001. Yesterday it was my 17th birthday! I went out for Mexican with all my girlies and these are just a couple of snaps from the night. Maybe I'm getting sentimental being a big 17 year old now, but I am honestly so blessed and grateful to have such an amazing group of friends and family. 002. I wore my new dress from Topshop, which featured in this post, but sadly didn't have time to shoot an outfit. I'm still slightly in love with it so I'm sure it will feature again shortly. Lena x
001. During my holiday boredom the other day I scanned my polaroid photos. I then decided to mess around on photoshop a little. I'm actually really happy with the quality that they scanned through. What do you think of this post, mixing it up from fashion a little? Lena x
001. Earlier this week I had the pleasure of attending Matt Corby's concert. If you have never heard of the talented man before you seriously need to question what you're doing with your life and go search him up right now; trust me your ears will thank me later.
002. I'm not going to do a detailed re-cap of the concert because honestly I can't even describe how magical he is live. When trying to describe Matt Corby the first word I think of is 'beautiful,' not only because he is clearly pretty darn nice to look at, but because of his voice. There is something so raw and honest in it that captivated the entire audience. He performed a new song of his that had some fancy beat-boxing and then some loop pedal action that was just incredible, my heart was melting. The voice, the lighting (that made him look like an angel), the atmosphere, the hair... I could sit here forever listing what a great night it was but I don't really feel like typing an essay. To sum it up, if you ever have a chance to see this man perform, DO IT! I promise you it will be one the most beautiful music experiences of your life.
Top: Op Shop// Jeans: Op Shop/DIY// Bag: Target// Belt: MinkPink// Necklace: Lovisa// Shoes: Converse
001. I'm getting a really 90's vibe from this outfit... I think it's the top. I picked it up ages ago, but I haven't worn it yet, due to some alterations I needed to make. The tag on it says Billabong but it looks pretty 'old style' so who knows it may be from the actual 90's. The shorts, also an op shop find, were brand new jeans and I'm pretty happy with how they turned out after working some DIY magic into them.
002. I'm quite proud of the fact that most of this outfit actually came from op shops and probably for under $5 each. Some of my friends aren't a fan of the whole op/thrift/secondhand shopping thing, and it really annoys me. People are so narrow minded sometimes and think that it's 'gross' or 'weird' but in fact it's not at all. If you are, like me, a student on a budget, I highly recommend it. Firstly because you can find things no one else has, secondly it's cheap as chips and thirdly a lot of the profits go to charity. Yes, you may have to do a bit more digging or have a good eye to sort through the good and the bad, however in the end it's actually really rewarding and you can totally make it sound more chic by calling it 'vintage.'
003. If you have stuck through this blog post long enough to read my little rant, I applaud you and hope you have a lovely day.
001. Finally got some rolls of film developed! It was my first time ever getting film developed so I wasn't expecting anything too amazing, but I do like quite a few of the photos. I had a couple of issues in the first rolls with the half frame setting, but hopefully now that I know how to use it a bit better the problem won't happen again. I love the effect on film cameras and the anticipation of getting your photos back. What do you think of shooting on film, do any of you do it?
001. Hello lovelies. These photos were snapped a couple of days ago when I could walk around the house without feeling the need to empty my insides out. To avoid the details I think I had some mild food poisoning and have spent the last 24 hours feeling very 'under the weather'. I'm hoping this won't happen again as I'm starting holidays at the nd of this week and can't wait to have a relaxing, sickness free, break. 002. The word on the blogging-street lately is that Google Friend Connect (GFC) will OFFICIALLY be saying au revoir. Now I'm not a computing wizard but if you want to understand what's happening there is a really great article, here. The big change isn't set to happen until July 1st but if you want to get a head start and not miss any of my posts, you can follow my Bloglovin account HERE.
001. Quick post today featuring my new sewing machine! I'm so so so in love and very excited to learn how to use all the bells-and-whistles. It's a Brother NS30 and I snatched it up during the end of financial year sales for a bargain. It has 70 different types of stitching which I think is pretty nifty and maybe a little overwhelming, but hopefully I can figure it all out soon. Keep your eyes peeled for some DIY's or sewing projects coming up. Lena x
001. I haven't posted since Wednesday.... I swear it doesn't seem that long ago! I chucked on this outfit this morning to go out and run some errands. I decided to just keep it comfy and casual. It was a sizzling 27 degrees today, so still no signs of wooly jumpers *sad face*.
002. I'm trying to be more creative with the photography/editing of outfit photos tell me what you think about it, I don't bite! Also please excuse the awkwardness of these photos, I'm an awkward kinda gal and still trying to figure out the whole 'posing' thing.
001. Thought I'd do a bit of different post today, mainly because my brain is too sleepy to function and I've been lacking blog-spiration lately. The other day I had a go at making my first 'mix tape' (well.. CD). I used songs that I already had on my iTunes and tried to put a few together that all have a similar 'mood' to them. 002. I love art and music, so I actually had lots of fun making it. I'm thinking of making some more when I have some spare time on my hands. Art always puts me in a mood and it's even better when I'm listening to good music. I hope you like this post; it's a little different but hopefully helps you get to know me a bit better. Lena x